Þú ert hér: Home News 2011
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Leit

Skriðuklaustur

Icelandic(IS)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)French (Fr)English (United Kingdom)

News 2011

Jólakveðja frá Klaustri

Print
There are no translations available.

Gunnarsstofnun og Klausturkaffi senda gestum sínum og velunnurum bestu óskir um gleðileg jól og farsæld á nýju ári.
 

Nýjar bækur frá Skriðuklaustri

Print
There are no translations available.

Nýjar bækur frá SkriðuklaustriÞrjár nýjar bækur eru komnar út á Skriðuklaustri. Klausturkaffi hefur gefið út Uppáhaldsuppskriftir Elísabetar í handhægu spjaldaformi bæði á íslensku og ensku. Hjá Gunnarsstofnun er komin út Litabók um Grýlu með verðlaunateikningum austfirskra grunnskólabarna og gömlum kvæðabrotum. Fyrir þá sem vilja enn meira af Grýlu eru komin út Austfirsk Grýlukvæði í ritröðinni Austfirsk safnrit. Þessar bækur er hægt að panta frá Skriðuklaustri en þær eru einnig seldar Húsi handanna á Egilsstöðum.
 

100 ár frá útgáfu Digte

Print
There are no translations available.

Gunnar um 1913Í dag eru liðin 100 ár frá því fyrsta bók Gunnars Gunnarssonar kom út í Danmörku. Það var ljóðasafnið Digte sem í eru 19 kvæði og kom út hjá V. Pios Boghandel á kostnað Gunnars sjálfs. Landsbókasafn Íslands - Háskólabókasafn og Gunnarsstofnun standa fyrir málstofu um ljóðskáldið Gunnar í Þjóðarbókhlöðu í tilefni þessa aldarafmæli. Frummælendur verða: Jón Yngvi Jóhannsson, bókmenntafræðingur og höfundur ævisögu Gunnars, Sveinn Yngvi Egilsson, prófessor við Háskóla Íslands og Skúli Björn Gunnarsson, forstöðumaður Gunnarsstofnunar. Málstofan hefst kl. 16 í dag 1. des. í fyrirlestrasal Þjóðarbókhlöðu. Aðgangur er ókeypis og allir velkomnir. Til sýnis verða bæði handrit og bækur sem tengjast ljóðagerð Gunnars. Landsbókasafnið, Gunnarsstofnun og erfingjar skáldins hafa af þessu tilefni gert ljóðasafnið Digte aðgengilegt á vefnum  baekur.is.

 

Rithöfundar og Grýlugleði um helgina

Print
There are no translations available.

Nýja litabókinÁrviss rithöfundalest fer um Austurland um helgina 26. og 27. nóvember. Á ferð verða fjórir höfundar frá Forlaginu með nýjustu verk sín. Hallgrímur Helgason segir frá Konunni við 1000 gráður, Jón Yngvi Jóhannsson les úr ævisögu Gunnars Gunnarssonar sem heitir Landnám, Ragna Sigurðardóttir fræðir áheyrendur um sögu sína um Bónusstelpuna og Vigdís Grímsdóttir heldur á vit töfranna og les úr skáldsögunni Trúir þú á töfra? Lesið verður á Skriðuklaustri kl. 14.00 laugardaginn 26. nóv. Aðgangur 1000 kr. og 500 fyrir eldri borgara. Kaffi og smákökur innifaldar.



Hin árvissa Grýlugleði Gunnarsstofnunar á Skriðuklaustri verður haldin sunnudaginn 27. nóvember, á fyrsta sunnudegi í aðventu, kl. 14.00. Að venju munu gaulálfar og sagnálfar ráða ríkjum á skemmtuninni og fræða gesti um ægivald og ógnir Grýlu og hyskis hennar. Hjónakornin halda sig vonandi heima í Brandsöxlinni á meðan á gleðinni stendur. Kynnt verður glóðvolg útgáfa litabókar um Grýlu með kvæðabrotum austfirskra skálda fyrri alda og verðlaunateikningum austfirskra grunnskólabarna í 6. og 7. bekk. Allir velkomnir og ókeypis inn. Jólakökuhlaðborð hjá Klausturkaffi eftir skemmtun.

 

New biography of Gunnar Gunnarsson

Print
Kápur hinna nýju bókaToday a new biography of Gunnar Gunnarsson by Jon Yngvi Johannsson came to the bookstores in Iceland. It is published by Mal&menning and has the title Landnám (Settlement). Jon Yngvi has worked on the book for years and studied f.ex. personal journals and papers from the author's privat archive. A new light is shed on the life and work of Gunnar Gunnarsson in the biography and the reader also gets a clear view on his authorship. A new edition of The Church on the Mountain came out the same day with the drawings of Gunnar junior who was an artist and translated by Halldor Laxness.
 

Advent - Travelers in the Mountains

Print
The hut by Jökulsá á FjöllumOn Days of Darkness the culture centre will be open on weekends from 13.00 - 17.00 with photo exhibitions and chocolate cakes at Klausturkaffi café. Two photo exhibitions will be opened on Saturday 5th November at 14.00. These exhibitions consist of b/w winter pictures from the trails of Gunnar Gunnarsson’s novella, The Good Shepherd (Advent) in the northeast highlands along with photos of signatures from hundreds of travelers on a wooden panel in a 120 years old hut by the glacier river Jökulsá á Fjöllum. The exhibitions are sponsored by the Culture council of East Iceland and the National Museum.
 

Vikivaki published again in Germany

Print

Gunnar Björn Gunnarsson chairman of Gunnarsson Institute with Jörg Sundermeier the owner of Verbrecher verlagVikivaki, the extraordinary work by Gunnar Gunnarsson which was published in Denmark in 1932 and Germany in 1934 has now been published again in German. The publishing house Verbrecher verlag in Berlin publishes the book and the new edition was announced yesterday at the big Bookfair in Frankfurt where Iceland is a guest of honour.  When Vikivaki came first out the reviews it got were very mixed. The story is almost a surrealistic fantasy and in a way post-modern so it will be interesting to see reviews on it today. The old translation of Helmut de Boor was revised by Karl-Ludwig Wetzig who also translated Schwarze Vögel by Gunnarsson which came out by Reclam in 2009. (website of Verbrecherverlag) (review from Badische Zeitung)

 

No opening hours in October

Print
Haustlitir á KlaustriSeptember is almost finish and that means the end of regular opening hours at Skriduklaustur. The culture centre will not be open next weekend, nor other weekends in October. Groups can always call us in advance if they are interested in visiting the museum and exhibition or the Café. By the Days of Darkness festival in East Iceland (4-13 Nov.) we open again with new exhibtions and in November and December there will be annual events as writers' reading, Gryla festival and reading of Advent. The Café will also offer Christmas buffet as usual and occasionally we will have nights with l'hombre cardgame.
 

Monastic ruins rebuilt

Print
Klausturrústir haustið 2011Volenteers from the SEEDS organisation have been busy in the last two weeks, "rebuilding" the monastic buildings from 16th century at Skriðuklaustur. This summer the excavation of the area was finished and now the ground structure of the buildings have been made visible by building low walls of stone, soil and turf and putting wood chips in interior spaces. The size of these old buildings is remarkable and part of them have been with two floors.  In next months a conservation plan for the archaeological area at Skriðuklaustur will be made in collaboration with the Archaeological Heritage Agency of Iceland. The summer 2012 will be 500 years since the old monastic church was dedicated and hopefully the whole area will be fully constructed for the future with information signs and good access.
 

Exhibition with landscape photos

Print
Skarphéðinn Þráinsson opened an exhibition with landscape photos in gallery Klaustur last Friday. The pictures are from various places in East Iceland as Dyrfjöll and Hengifoss. The exhibition will is open at same time as Gunnarshus and will be up until 2nd October.  More pictures by Skarphéðinn can be seen at  www.flickr.com/skarpi.
 

Festival day next sunday

Print
Æsispennandi pokahlaup á FljótsdalsdegiThe regional festival Ormsteiti has begun and it will end by a big day in Fljótsdalur valley next sunday. Program with hiking and games for the kids will start at 10 am in the morning. At 13.30 is a concert at Skriðuklaustur with Pétur Ben & Eberg, Voces Thules and more artists. Lunch and cake buffet by Klausturkaffi. Athletic games with rhubarb throwing, stone lifting and running with lambs and more funny games. The program ends with a service by the old monastic ruins at 16.30.
 

Arrowhead found in monastic ruins

Print
Örvaroddur frá miðöldumThe archaeologists that are excavating the old monastic ruins from 16th century at Skriðuklaustur have found an arrowhead. It is made of copper and is classical for a crossbow from this period. An arrowhead is a rare found in Icelandic excavations but it is known that both bishops and chiefs in medieval times owned weapons and had guards. Ph.d. Steinunn Kristjánsdóttir that directs the project at Skriðuklaustur says it is more likely that the arrowhead has  belonged to the guards that came with the bishop in visitation than there were weapons kept in the monastery. The arrowhead is on display at Skriðuklaustur for the next weeks.
 

New exhibition in gallery

Print
Myndskreyting úr Svar við bréfi HelguA new exhibition has been opened in gallery Klaustur. Kjartan Hallur exhibits illustrations from a novella by Bergsveinn Birgisson along with other drawings made in the last years. The exhibition is open everyday from 10.00 to 18.00 and will be on display until 24th August. To read more about the artists works check  www.myspace.com/kjartanhallur
 

Medieval shoe

Print
Ph.d Steinunn Kristjánsdóttir with a medieval shoe. Photo SBGThe excavation work this summer of the monastic ruins has now been for 4 weeks and 4 weeks are left. New areas have been opened and it seems to be realistic to finish excavating the ruins this summer as planned. One of the artifacts that have been found recently is a part of a medieval leather shoe from 16th century. Guided tours are available every day after lunch and visitors can walk through parts of the ruins that have been finished and restored.
 

The Night Cap - animation

Print
A new exhibition was opened in gallery Klaustur on Friday. The Night Cap is an animation film (8 min.) based on an Icelandic folk tale. On a deserted cliff in Iceland a boy is dressing up as a ghost to scare a girl. To get back at him she decides to steal his white night cap. By mistake she takes a cap that belongs to a real ghost. The film is a collaboration between Gudjon Bragi Stefansson and Edda Ros Jonsdottir, who designed, directed and animated it. It was their Production Design graduation project in 2009 by Danmarks Designschool and was completed in 2010. The sound-scape for the film was created by Martin Juel Dirkov and Reda El-Kheloufi. The exihibition will be open 10:00-18:00 until July 27th.
 

Daily bus schedule

Print
The daily bus schedule.Today Tanni Travel started to drive by a daily bus schedule between Egilsstadir, Hallormsstadur and Fljotsdalur. For the next 5 weeks there will be 3 trips per day starting by the Tourist Info Centre in Egilsstadir with stops in Hallormsstadur Forest, by Hengifoss waterfall, Skriduklaustur and Vegardur in Fljotsdalur valley. You can get more details information on this here and if you see a brochure with the slogan Enjoy life by an Icelandic lake, you are on the right track.
 

Excavation started

Print
Archaeologists starting the work of the summerThe archaeologists have arrived to continue the excavation of the monastic ruins the 10th summer. Ph.d. Steinunn Kristjánsdóttir, who is in charge of the research project, expect this to be the final summer in excavation of the old Skriduklaustur monastery which was operating from 1493 to 1554. Upto 15 archaeologists will work on the excavation for the next two months. Guided tours are available everyday from 13:30.
 

Sýning Sveinbjargar opnuð

Print
There are no translations available.

Sveinbjörg í Gallerí Klaustri.

Föstudaginn 3. júní var opnuð í gallerí Klaustri sýning Sveinbjargar Hallgrímsdóttur, listakonu á Akureyri, á myndskreytingum við norska sögu um Hrafna-Flóka. Útgáfa bókarinnar var samvinnuverkefni milli sveitarfélagsins Sveio á vesturströnd Noregs, norska sendiráðsins á Íslandi og fleiri aðila. Skáldkonan Sylvien Vatle var fengin til að skrifa sögu um þennan frækna víking og Sveinbjörg var valin til að myndskreyta verkið sem kom út í Noregi haustið 2010 og er nýkomin út á Íslandi hjá bókaútgáfunni Hólum. Á sýningunni í gallerí Klaustri eru 12 grafíkverk. Hún stendur til 29. júní og er opin alla daga kl. 10-18.

 

Hrafna-Flóki - grafíksýning

Print
There are no translations available.

Sveinbjörg Hallgrímsdóttir í vinnustofu sinni. Fimmtudaginn 2. júní verður opnuð í gallerí Klaustri sýning á grafíkverkum Sveinbjargar Hallgrímsdóttur sem hún vann fyrir norska skáldsögu um Hrafna-Flóka. Bókin kom nýverið út á íslensku hjá Bókaútgáfunni Hólum. Sveinbjörg býr og starfar á Akureyri og rekur þar vinnustofu og gallerí undir nafninu Svartfugl. Sýning verður opnuð kl. 14 á uppstigningardag og eru allir velkomnir. Hún stendur til 29. júní.
 

Heimasíða og sýningar

Print
There are no translations available.

Kjólföt Gunnars í nýjum sýningarskápÍ dag, á fæðingardegi Gunnars 18. maí, opnar Gunnarsstofnun nýjan og endurbættan vef. Hér er að finna margvíslegar upplýsingar um sögu Skriðuklaustur, líf og verk Gunnars Gunnarssonar og þá starfsemi og þjónustu sem rekin er á Skriðuklaustri í dag. Síðan er ekki alveg fullkláruð og biðjumst við velvirðingar á því ef að menn lenda í vandræðum. Stefnt er að því að hún verði fullbúin 1. júní.

Sumarsýning Skriðuklausturs um Gunnar skáld er einnig komin upp í stássstofu og búið að endurnýja fastasýningu í skrifstofu og svefnherbergi skáldsins. Jafnframt eru komnir nýir munir á fornleifasýningu í Franziscuherbergi sem veita innsýn í sjúkdómsgreiningar á beinum þeirra einstaklinga sem grafnir hafa verið upp í fornleifarannsókninni.

 

Austfirðingar lögðu Húnvetninga í lomberslag

Print
There are no translations available.

Mynd frá lomberslagnum í Sveinbjarnargerði

Húnvetninga og Austfirðingar mættust í sínum árlega lomberslag í Sveinbjarnargerði í Eyjafirði sl. laugardag. Jafnt var í liðum, 22 að austan og vestan. Spilað var á ellefu borðum frá morgni til kvölds og alls gefið í 1716 spil. Þegar upp var staðið urðu úrslit þau að Austfirðingar voru með 434 mínusstig á móti 1254 mínusstigum Húnvetninga. Austfirðingar höfðu því sigur í þetta sinn sem var fimmta skiptið sem lomberspilarar úr þessum tveimur landshlutum reyna með sér. Mikil leikgleði ríkti í Sveinbjarnargerði þennan dag og var bundist fastmælum að mætast þar aftur að ári til að spila þetta 600 ára gamla spil sem var á öldum áður vinsælt fjárhættuspil um alla Evrópu.

Hér má finna myndir frá Lomberslagnum.

 

Harðangur og Skriðuklaustur

Print
There are no translations available.

katy

Sunnudaginn 17. apríl verður opnuð í stássstofu Gunnarshúss hannyrðasýningin Harðangur og Skriðuklaustur. Það er textíllistakonan Katrín Jóhanesdóttir - Katý, sem sýnir. Á sýningunni má sjá ýmsar hannyrðir sem Katý hefur dundað sér við á síðkvöldum í Hallormsstaðaskógi og á námsárunum í Danmörku. Það sem fyrir augu ber eru m.a. hin ýmsu útsaumsspor, hekl, orkering, vefnaður, harðangurssaumur,  hand- og vélprjón og lítið eitt af hinu og þessu. Sýningin verður opin um páskana og fram í miðjan maí.

Myndir frá sýningunni má finna hér.

 

Info

  • Open

  • Location

  • Fee

June - August: Open daily 10am - 6pm

May & September: Open daily 11am - 5pm

April: Open daily 12pm - 4pm

1.-11. October: Open daily 12pm - 4pm

November - March: Open occasionally. Ask for information.

Skriðuklaustur is in Fljótsdalur valley at the upper end of Lagarfljót lake - right by the highland road to Snæfell and Kárahnjúkar. Map

39 km from Egilsstaðir

11 km from Hallormsstaður forest

5 km from Hengifoss waterfall

A Visitor's centre for Vatnajökull National Park is also at Skriðuklaustur.

 
Adults (museum & guidance) 1100 kr
Children under 16 accompanied by adults 0 kr
Students 750 kr
Senior citizens / disabled 550 kr
Groups (20+) 900 kr
Guided tour of the archsite for groups (10>)
Adults 600 kr
Children under 16 accompanied by adults 0 kr

Quotes

There are no translations available.

Skáld á ekki samleið með
neinum nema skaparanum.
Skáldi er nýjabrum nástrá
og bakhjarl banatorfa.
Heiður hans og frægð liggja
falin þar sem fátt segir
af neinum.
Óðal hans er einstigið.

Upcoming events

Engir viðburðir á næstunni